Land Claim

2 replies
Votes:
+2
Admins
Head Builder
Beta
God
I've played on this server frequently for about a week now, and I've loved it. During my time, however, the concern over no in-place land claim feature has risen among many players I've talked with. I'm well aware of the cons of land claim, since some plugins claim to bedrock, making mining difficult for others, as well as the fact that giving players "claim blocks" or golden shovels to claim can lead to random claims blocking people's stuff.

However, I believe there are 2 potential solutions to this, both of which I've seen work effectively in the past.

1: Give Claiming Rights to Staff Only.
Some plugins exist that allow land claiming to be specified by not just the x and z axis, but by the y axis as well, by clicking the 2 opposite corners (top of one end, bottom of other) of a given area. Staff could have the ability to claim people's buildings and properties, so long as they actually built the claim. This could be determined through various plugins, like hawkeye, or by simply looking at whose names are on privated chests, etc. This would prevent too many claims from being created, while still ensuring that dedicated players have protection from griefing.

2: Give Claim Plot Size Over Time, Based on Playtime, or Number of Votes
If players were to get the ability to protect their claims, I would suggest limiting the size/number of claims they can initially make, and have a plugin that causes that max amount of claimed blocks to grow, either based upon the amount of times they've voted (ensuring that only dedicated players have large plots), or based on play time (same logic).

I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts, both staff and players alike, and if anyone has other ideas or suggestions for possible grief prevention methods, thread it here as well!
Posted Feb 11, 18 · OP
Votes:
God
MY THOUGHTS

I have also seen a couple people asking about us adding a land claim plugin. I think it's because they want to have one because we really dont need one as of right now them are normally only used on bigger servers that have alot of people coming and going throught them. If somone gets griefed or stolen from we have a block logging plugin so all you would need to do is contact a staff memeber either in game/forums or on discord and we would be able to see whoever did and punish them and get your items back. This being said the only thing that someone would be able to do is grief as we have the ability to lock chests and containers so you should never get your chest items stolen as you can lock them.

ON TO YOUR POINTS

1.With your first point about only staff being able to claim peoples builds thats fine for now and would work good but the problem is that when the server starts to grow and there is 50-60 people playing here daily then there is no way in hell staff would be able to keep up with the demand we would have to have like 10 staff members just going around claiming stuff for people...

2. Your second point is how ALOT of servers do it you start out with a specific amount of claim blocks and the more you play the more claims you get this is a very good way because the grief prevention plugin handles all of that it even has a default kit that gives you a land claim help book and gold shovel when u join. You brought up a valid point about having to give people valid shovels but with altmost all of the anti grief plugins I know of you dont have to have a gold shovel u can simply use a stick to see and or claim with.
Played Minecraft for 12hrs found 3 Diamonds..... Then died in lava
Posted Feb 12, 18
Votes:
+15
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
Owner
I've played on this server frequently for about a week now, and I've loved it. During my time, however, the concern over no in-place land claim feature has risen among many players I've talked with. I'm well aware of the cons of land claim, since some plugins claim to bedrock, making mining difficult for others, as well as the fact that giving players "claim blocks" or golden shovels to claim can lead to random claims blocking people's stuff.

However, I believe there are 2 potential solutions to this, both of which I've seen work effectively in the past.

1: Give Claiming Rights to Staff Only.
Some plugins exist that allow land claiming to be specified by not just the x and z axis, but by the y axis as well, by clicking the 2 opposite corners (top of one end, bottom of other) of a given area. Staff could have the ability to claim people's buildings and properties, so long as they actually built the claim. This could be determined through various plugins, like hawkeye, or by simply looking at whose names are on privated chests, etc. This would prevent too many claims from being created, while still ensuring that dedicated players have protection from griefing.

Unfortunetly, as Mike said, staff would not be able to keep up with the demand.

Our current system is one used in the old days of MC on Peaceful servers. By using a block logger, Staff is able to rollback spesific blocks, or players for any amount of time when a greif has been commited. We intend to have staff members online at all times, which is why our Staff applications are open to the public.

As for your second point, while that system does work, we feel Galaxy is a step above the rest. We would like to pave our own path, to create new experiences for the community! By placing the worry of grief with our staff, we are able to let players enjoy Minecraft the way we feel it was meant to be. Open, Peaceful, and Fun!

Our goal with this system is to allow players to enjoy our server care-free!

If something happens, they know Staff will always be able to reverse the effects, without the player lifting a finger. We feel using "/Report" in-game is much simpler then worrying about how much space you have, whats protected, and wether it'll be there or not.

Thank you very much for your kind words, and I'm personally very happy you're enjoying the community! Please continue to feel free to contact us on this, or any furutre thoughts, issues, or suggestions you have! :) Happy crafting!~
Blueseph-Galaxy-Banner.jpg
Posted Feb 12, 18
NoticeNotices