Donation Store Idea!

3 replies
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Evolved
Hey hey! So, I don't know about you guys but I'm really trying to grind for those custom enchants. Infusion is something I've been working to get for weeks now. Despite having a zombie pigmen grinder which makes grinding for levels pretty easy, I still haven't gotten my hands on the infusion enchant. Other than this, I haven't been able to get mending at all. I want a shortcut! Take my money!

So, the idea, have a donation page dedicated to enchants. Sell books of mending and whatever other rare enchantments there are plus all the different custom enchantments. Not only will this give players a spot where they an actually see what all the different custom enchantments there are, but it'll also give them an option to get them immediately. In my case, it'll help me get the stuff that I don't have. I have duplicates of speed, jump, jacket, flare, etc,. However I cannot seem to get my hands on infusion. Like I said, been workin' on it for weeks now. I think there being a donation page where we can buy specific custom enchants will help a lot to really build our perfect armor and tool sets. Not to mention, it's just another opportunity for people to donate to the server. If they don't want keys or if they have the dimensional armor and tools already then what else is there to buy? Other than a rank upgrade, nothing. Unless of course you want to count the World Edit Access. But not everyone is a builder or is much interested in that.

It could lessen the amount of players who might quit the server due to losing their items. Notice I say "could" not "will". I know it isn't a guarantee but I'm hopeful. Earlier today I died in lava with my dimensional tools, a shulker full of valuable gear, and some enchanted armor. I was pretty upset as you'd imagine. However, I always know that if I need to I have the ability to buy those items back from the store. Luckily I usually have around 50 bucks laying around. That was a big weight off my shoulders after losing so much stuff. But not everyone is able to do that. A lot of people don't have the funds to just throw money at a server to get their op stuff back. For someone who might play on the server for a while and get the top tier diamond armor legit with all the best custom enchantments, and then possibly die with no way of getting all those custom enchantments back quickly they might be pretty crushed. I think being able to buy those custom enchantments for a small price might be really worth it for them. Especially for me I know I'd be willing to drop some dollars to replace someone's custom enchantments if it meant making them feel better.

Let me know what your thoughts are! Of course I didn't mention any specific price for mending or the custom enchants. That can all be worked out if its decided that such a donation page with these enchants would be worth it. Thanks for reading!
~Llame
Posted May 31, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 1, 18
Votes:
+8
Admins
Network Admin
Builder
Evolved
As good of an idea as this, I do not forsee us adding "Mending Books" or specific custom enchants to the store. Although it may be a good idea and benefit the people who have "50 bucks laying around", we feel that it is probably too pay-2-win for our vision. Despite this decision, we have taken into consideration your point about the difficult items to obtain and we plan on incorporating a better way of getting these than just pure luck. Hang tight while we decide how exactly we want to do this, thanks for your suggestion!😀

Also try not dying in lava~
Manager on Galaxy!
Posted Jun 3, 18
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Evolved
Hahaha fair enough. I see how it could be too p2w. I'll just try to not be shit at the game.
😘 Thanks babe
Posted Jun 4, 18 · OP
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Admins
Network Admin
Builder
Evolved
😘