Donation (Commands) suggestion

5 replies
Votes:
+6
Evolved
What if you could donate for commands? What if the shop had certain singular commands and or packs of commands, such as /fly, /feed, /fix, /nick (with or without color/format). Possibly add certain non-OP kits usable ever so often like a /kit mine or /kit (name). Just a random suggestion/idea I had!
Posted Jun 21, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 21, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
VIP
I'm a fan of this idea but the whole donation system would have to be redone so It'd work properly unless it was perks that the donation ranks don't already have. As for the kits idea, it's already in place. We have the 'EnderWings' kit that was recently added but that's only one and would be nice to see more suggested.
Posted Jun 22, 18 · Last edited Jun 22, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
Owner
wrote:
What if you could donate for commands? What if the shop had certain singular commands and or packs of commands, such as /fly, /feed, /fix, /nick (with or without color/format). Possibly add certain non-OP kits usable ever so often like a /kit mine or /kit (name). Just a random suggestion/idea I had!
With the development of our user ranks currently in motion, all the donator perks will be available for free through hard work, and time In-game. When taking this into account, as well as the fact that we strive for a fair gameplay experience for all members, I feel adding single commands, or command packs for a donation option could prove to be very unfair for those less fortunate.

That being said, we do have the option of adding a way for non-donators to earn these "packs" or single commands, thus making it fair.
I will bring the suggestion up with CoreStaff nontheless!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion, NeverLambs !
blueseph_banner.png
Posted Jun 22, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Evolved
Thank you for your time in reading my suggestion and putting your input on it! That's great that new ranks are coming and through playtime and whatever other requirements new perks and fun other things that will come with that.
Posted Jun 22, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+7
Adviser
wrote:
wrote:
With the development of our user ranks currently in motion, all the donator perks will be available for free through hard work, and time In-game. When taking this into account, as well as the fact that we strive for a fair gameplay experience for all members, I feel adding single commands, or command packs for a donation option could prove to be very unfair for those less fortunate.

That being said, we do have the option of adding a way for non-donators to earn these "packs" or single commands, thus making it fair.
I will bring the suggestion up with CoreStaff nontheless!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!
Agreed. One must strive for fair-play all across the server. However, I do find that certain cosmetic commands, such as /nick, do not affect game-play at all, and are rather enticing for potential donors. This is probably why most high-end servers sell distinguished and custom prefixes and nicknames separately on their Buycraft / Donation page. So perhaps, Blueseph, suggesting to the CoreStaff non-evasive commands that'll not affect the game-play, but are merely and purely cosmetic, would also be wise?
"Do not pray for easy lives my friends, pray to be stronger people." - JFK
Posted Jun 29, 18 · Last edited Jun 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Admins
Network Admin
Builder
Evolved
In response to the cosmetics aspect, I agree adding commands like that could be nice, but at the same time why not just buy the lowest rank which gives you /nick and many more options, seeing as selling the perk separately seems so random. That being said, as we are still developing fairly new features, as we finish these big items up and release them, Custom Tags are a feature I have had planned for awhile now. They will be obtainable through in game, completing “achievements” or certain ones on the store. Unfortunately due to order of features and importance, these are pushed off until we feel we have the time to optimize them without worrying about the core features of Galaxy.
Manager on Galaxy!
Posted Jun 30, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices